Electric Fence Maintenance & Repairs
Electric Fence maintenance is essential for maintaining your security. People rarely buy a car without a maintenance plan, why should your electric fencing and security be any different? You might think that your electric fence is working but how do you really know… and are you willing to touch it to find out?
Some of the issues for electric fence maintenance include;
- Check earth spikes are connected
- Broken insulator bobbins
- Broken wires
Once an electric fence has been installed cannot be left to maintain itself. Compliance certificates require the owner or operator of the fence to ensure the fence is working properly at all times.
“Declaration by user or lessor
I declare that I am aware of my responsibilities in terms of regulation 12 of the Electrical Machinery Regulations and undertake to operate and maintain the electric fence system in a safe manner.”
Maintenance Service Agreements
To ensure that it works effectively Gauteng Electric Fencing offer Monthly, Bi-monthly and Quarterly Electric Fence Maintenance Contract Agreements.
We take the guessing out of your security, no longer do you think the fence is working correctly, you will know it is working correctly.
Electric Fence Maintenance Agreements include;
- Call at site Monthly/ Bi-monthly/Quarterly
- Remove all covers on and inspect equipment
- Re-affix any item that has worked loose or broken off to ensure continued operation
- Replace defective parts (Cost of parts only)
- Report to the customer any situation that will obviously result in damage to the fence, cause false alarms, and possibly jeopardise perimeter security.
- Make recommendations where appropriate
- Clean posts and insulators when necessary
- Record voltages on all wires
- Grass and weeds touching the fence;
- Insulator damage;
- Broken or bent poles;
- Broken or sagging wires;
- Poor earthing systems;
- Gate contacts
- Corrosion on Wires and Connectors
- Warning Signs
- external signalling devices such as sirens or lights associated with the fence security system
Before the Start of Contract
We will do a full Inspection a once off cost in order to confirm that, the Electric Fence Installation comply in accordance with regulation 12(4) and 13(1) of the Electric Machinery Regulations, 2011
Speak to us about about “Maintenance Service Agreements“