Gauteng Electric Fencing is fully registered to issue Electric Fence Compliance Certificates. We are accredited in compliance with legislation as per Government Gazette No. 34154, published the 25 March 2011.
In order for us to issue a Electric Fence COC certificate, we first inspect the property. If there is work to be done to bring the fence up to compliance standard we will issue a quote free of charge and if the quote is accepted we will issue the Electric Fence COC certificate on completion of the work.The price of the Electric Fence COC certificate will depend o the size of the property.
Below is a Summary of the Important Provisions in the Act, to download a Full Copy of the Act as it relates to “Electric Fence Compliance” Click Here
Section 12 of the Act – Electric Fences COC
- No person shall design, manufacture, sell, install or use an electric fence or electric fence energiser other than in accordance with the relevant health and safety standard incorporated into these Regulations under section 44 of the Act: Provided that electric fences or electric fence energizers installed in accordance with the Electrical Machinery Regulations, 1988, prior to the coming into force of these Regulations shall be deemed to comply with this regulation.
- The seller, importer and manufacturer of an electric fence energizer shall prove compliance with SANS 60335-2-76 by producing a certificate issued by an accredited test laboratory recognized by the accreditation authority.
- In the case of an electric fence energiser which receives its energy from a battery charged by means of a charging apparatus which receives its power from an electric supply, the user or lessor shall ensure that the charging apparatus is of double-wound isolation construction.
- Subject to the provisions of sub regulation (5), every user or lessor of an electric fence system shall have an electric fence system certificate in the form of Annexure 1 in respect of such electric fence system: Provided that such certificate shall be transferable.
- Sub regulation (4) shall not apply to an electric fence system that existed prior to the coming
- into force of these Regulations: Provided that if
(a) any addition or alteration is effected to such electric fence system; or
(b) there is a change of ownership of the premises on which such electric fence system exists after 1 October 2012, the user or lessor shall obtain an electric fence system certificate for the electric fence system, where after the provisions of sub regulation (4) shall be applicable.
Section 13 of the Act – Issuing of electric fence compliance certificate
- Only a registered person may issue an Electric Fence Compliance Certificate, after having satisfied himself or herself by means of an inspection and test that
(a) the new electric fence system complies with the provisions of regulation 12(1);
(b) an electric fence system which existed prior to the incorporation of the relevant health and safety standard contemplated in regulation 12( 1) into these Regulations complies with the general safety principles of such standard; or
(c) an electric fence system which existed prior to the incorporation of the relevant health and safety standard contemplated in regulation 12(1) into these Regulations and to which extensions or alterations have been effected, that
(i} the affected part of the system complies with the general safety principles of such standard, and
(ii) the extensions or alterations effected comply with the provisions of regulation 12( 1 ): Provided that a user of a pet-shock system or strip-grazing electric fence system, who is competent to install such a system, may issue an electric fence certificate for a pet-shock system or strip-grazing electric fence system, as the case may be.
- If at any time prior to the issuing of an electric fence system certificate in terms of regulation 13( 1 ), any fault or defect is detected in any part of the system, the registered person shall refuse to issue such certificate: Provided that if such fault or defect in the opinion of the registered person constitutes an immediate danger to persons in the case where electricity is already supplied, he or she shall forthwith notify the user or lessor, as the case may be, in writing.
- Any person who undertakes to install, alter or extend an electric fence system shall ensure that an electric fence system certificate is issued for that work.
- No person shall amend an electric fence system certificate issued by a registered person.